Saturday 11 January 2014

CHILDREN Part 1 (Qd)

Children are the hardest and the easiest creature to understand. Children are unique. They have many kinds of characteristic that we can learn about. They are honest. They cannot hide anything. But, it is not easy to handle them. Here, the writer want to share about her experience since entering pre-school as a teacher assistant and beginning to handle the children age 2-4 years old.
Children are imitators. When you say something or do somtehing, they will easily imitate you. Let’s take a sample from one of my children at school. In my previous class, it is a pre-nursery class, for children age 2-3 years old. I had one child. He was just moved to my class because he was one of the new students. At first, I forbade him to master the toys because he did not want to share the toys. Then, he was angry with me. Moreover, he grumbled at me and used his index finger to point me while grumbling. It was funny. You can imagine a little child could grumble at you. Day by day, he is doing the same thing. Till I met his mother, I finally knew that why this child did so. His mother always treated him roughly. One day, when she picked up her son, the Son did not want to go home because he was playing. Then, she got angry with her son, she dragged her son’s hand roughly to bring him home. I was shocked at that time. One day, I got her grumbled at her son. The way she talked to her son could be said as rough. Then, I could draw a conclusion that this child imitated his mother’s.
Children are unique. They have so many characteristics that we can learn about. One of the characteristics has been explained above, namely imitator. The second one is honest; children cannot hide anything even though they try to hide, you can read that they are hiding something from you. They cannot hide anything they see. In my class, the children always report to me whatever they see when some of them fight or some of them master the toys and do not want to share. Sometimes, it is boring to hear them reporting, but they are children. If you do not understand them, they will never understand you.
The third is Moody; some of children have this characteristic. In my class, I have one child who is moody. His name is Mario. He is four years old. Sometimes, he is moody. All day long, he will not get good mood till the class ends. He will be very sensitive as long as he is in a bad mood. I have to be careful when I read that he is not in a good mood. He will not do something that you ask him to do even though you ask him many times. That is him. But when he is in a good mood, he will be very happy and enjoy school till the class ends.
So, what kind of children that you ever handle? Imitator, honest, and moody; these are just apart from information that I want to share. These three characteristics probably can give you some information about the children. The writer will continue it in Children Part 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment